Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer
As President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas provides direction in:
- Sales, marketing, customer relations, and business development across the company’s strategic business units
- The company’s growth, quality, and best practice initiatives to ensure operational consistency
- Developing the company’s turnkey technical solutions
Thomas has always possessed an innovator’s view of the world. Self-described as “unemployable” because of the need to ask, “what if?” instead of defaulting to the status quo, his “a-ha” moment came early in his career when he figured out that big IT bureaucracy translated directly to an innovation sinkhole. Thomas founded GANTECH in 1999 to challenge the IT status quo. GANTECH transforms computing environments through virtualization, system integration, data center services, and pursuit of next-level ideas that solve constantly emerging IT challenges. At GANTECH, where laboratory culture drives next-level thinking, Thomas’ primary role is to champion an environment that embraces innovation and a team that digs in and rolls up their sleeves. During his more than 20 years in IT systems integration, his passion for innovation has garnered national recognition. Thomas is a SmartCEO Magazine Circle of Excellence – Technology award winner, a two-time Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist, and a three-time recipient of SmartCEO magazine’s Future 50 award. He was one of the first in the nation to be certified as a Data Center Energy Practitioner, recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy. Thomas holds a BS in Computer Information Systems and an EMBA from Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management.
“My passion? From the start, I wanted to create an innovative, high-end consulting company where employees are both valued and accountable in following through on what they promise each other and the customer. That’s the culture I continue to foster.”
Chief Technology Officer
As Chief Technology Officer, Mike oversees all work related to:
- Establishing GANTECH’s technical vision and leading its technological development
- Directing the company’s innovation strategy
- Monitoring and assessing emerging technology trends that result in value for GANTECH and its customers
- Driving improvements in existing and evolving technologies
Mike is a seasoned technologist with a unique blend of engineering expertise and formal Project Management Institute (PMI) training. He has successfully lead End-User Computing (EUC) and Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) projects for customers ranging in industry, size, and complexity. A 20 year IT industry veteran, Mike is passionate about guaranteeing GANTECH continues to deliver innovative solutions with leading edge technologies for its customers. Prior to joining GANTECH, he worked for a large federal agency where he evaluated emerging technologies, researched new architectures, and implemented design updates. He is a Project Management Professional (PMP). Mike holds a BS in Computer Information Systems.
At its core, GANTECH is an organization driven by innovation. As Chief Technology Officer, it’s my job to strike the balance between the business and technology while making sure we never stop innovating and collaborating to do things better. My goal is to make sure this culture doesn’t change and we never stop transforming technology into value.
Vice President, Managed Services
President, GANTECH Federal LLC
In her dual roles as Vice President of Managed Services and President of GANTECH Federal, Mia oversees all work related to:
- Managing the company-wide adherence to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certified processes
- Guiding GANTECH’s IT Service Management team in providing flexible infrastructure solutions and delivery options for clients’ data centers
- Developing innovative, predictive, and proactive service offerings to optimize IT environments
- Directing business development activities and clearance processes for GANTECH Federal LLC
Mia is a champion for operational governance and has successfully aligned GANTECH’s technical capabilities with its strategic needs. She has nearly 20 years of experience in the IT EUC Solutions industry. As an ITIL® Expert, she educates GANTECH and its clients on the principles of ITIL and business process improvement methodologies. Prior to her current roles, Mia was named a SmartCXO for her accomplishments as Vice President of Strategic Operations at GANTECH by SmartCEO Magazine. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and a member of the Project Management Institute. Mia holds a BS in Computer Science and an MS in Computer Systems Management from University of Maryland-University College.
“GANTECH is passionate about the quality of our IT Service Management delivery. We put our people, processes, and technology to the test in achieving and maintaining ISO 20000-1:2011 certification, the international gold standard for IT Service Management. Our goal is to exceed this standard each and every day for our customers.”
Vice President, Technology Services
As Vice President of Technology Services, Christa oversees all work related to:
- Directing the deployment of human and capital resources to ensure efficient delivery of support throughout the organization
- Managing the activities of all Professional Sourcing projects and Account Management staff
- Developing the company’s project management capabilities in meeting GANTECH’s ongoing strategic needs
- Collaborating with GANTECH leaders to define and develop strategic processes
- Guaranteeing all goals and requirements are met for client projects and programs
As a “relationship champion,” Christa is adept in promoting exceptional relationships between GANTECH and its clients, while maintaining positive connections between the company and its employees.
Christa’s executive skills include project management, personnel management, sales and marketing, account management, organizational improvement, process improvement, and strategic planning. She has extensive project management and training experience with licensing and assessment tracking systems. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and a member of the Project Manager Institute (PMI). She holds a BS in Education and Computer Science and is currently pursuing a dual-degree MS in Management and MBA from University of Maryland – University College.
“We care—and it shows. Our clients know no matter the day or hour, they can pick up the phone and reach us. Our employees enjoy excellent benefits. When we establish these relationships, we keep them. That’s our reputation throughout the region.”